Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Undocumented Citrix PNAgent Command Line Switches

The list below is a list of undocumented switches for Pnagent.exe Version 12.1.030 but may work on older versions of pnagent. I have used a few of them with success when needing to script an uninstall of a client or needing to manipulate the client in a way without causing a outage. For example I needed to basically have the pnagent reconnect to the server, but need to do it via a script. I ran pnagent.exe /configurl /pram:<our url to WI> and that caused pnagent to reconnect simulating a user terminating pnagent with out terminating and with out losing connection to any open applications.

Use the below list with caution and always test to avoid any unwanted side-affects.


/Terminate Closes out PNAgent and any open sessions
/terminatewait  Closes out PNAgent and any open sessions
/Configurl  /param:URL
/displaychangeserver
/displayoptions
/logoff
/refresh
/disconnect
/reconnect
/reconnectwithparam
/qlaunch

Till Next Time!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you! This helped me out a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem.. that is why I started this blog to post all the random stuff I have found useful in my job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post! Do you know if you can do a combination with /qlaunch and /username: switches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure as I have not used all the switches that I found.

      Delete
  4. Can we logoff a particular user session ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you would like to log them off an application that they might be accesing via pnagent insted of killing there session from the backend?

      Delete
  5. Would you happen to know what the available switches are for the version 3.4/13.4 of the receiver? A brief description of these available switches will be great. Kindly point me to the source if possible. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that´s great, your my "hero" ;-) can you explain the option "reconnectwithparam"!?

    ReplyDelete